njl 2003/04/25 02:01:54 PDT
FreeBSD src repository
sys/dev/fxp if_fxp.c if_fxpvar.h
Make fxp(4) INTR_MPSAFE (but do not enable MPSAFE just yet):
- Add fxp_start_body() and change fxp_start() to just acquire locks and
then call fxp_start_body(). Places that would call fxp_start() with
locks held (mutex recursion) now call fxp_start_body() directly.
Remove MTX_RECURSE flag from sc_mtx. [gallatin]
- Change fxp_attach() to work without the softc lock, saving interrupt
hooking until the head of fxp_attach().
- Call ether_ifattach() before overriding ifp parameters. This reverts
part of 1.155.
- Remove multiple error paths in fxp_attach().
- Teardown interrupt in fxp_detach() before unlocking the softc.
- Make sure mutex is not held in fxp_release()
- Delete the miibus instance and/or self in fxp_release(), not in
fxp_detach(). This can happen if attach fails partway through.
- Move ifmedia_removeall to fxp_release() since attach may fail after
media have been allocated.
- Add locking to fxp_suspend, fxp_resume, fxp_start, fxp_intr,
fxp_poll, fxp_tick, fxp_ioctl, fxp_watchdog.
- Pass in ifp to fxp_intr_body since its callers sometimes already use
- Add compatibility define for INTR_MPSAFE for 4.x. [gallatin]
- You don't need to bzero softc.
Ideas from: gallatin, mux
Tested by: >400M packets of dd/ssh, NFS, ping on i386 UP
Revision Changes Path
1.174 +131 -51 src/sys/dev/fxp/if_fxp.c
1.25 +3 -0 src/sys/dev/fxp/if_fxpvar.h