jeff 2003/12/10 19:57:11 PST
FreeBSD src repository
- Add support for CPU groups to ule. All SMT cores on the same physical
cpu are added to a group.
- Don't place a cpu into the kseq_idle bitmask until all cpus in that group
- Prefer idle groups over idle group members in the new kseq_transfer()
function. In this way we will prefer to balance load across full cores
rather than add further load a partial core.
- Before a cpu goes idle, check the other group members for threads. Since
SMT cpus may freely share threads, this is cheap.
- SMT cores may be individually pinned and bound to now. This contrasts the
old mechanism where binding or pinning would have allowed a thread to run
on any available cpu.
- Remove some unnecessary logic from sched_switch(). Priority propagation
should be properly taken care of in sched_prio() now.
Revision Changes Path
1.86 +263 -116 src/sys/kern/sched_ule.c