On Friday 16 November 2007 04:17 pm, David Wolfskill wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 16, 2007 at 01:38:52PM -0500, Jung-uk Kim wrote:
> > Please test the following patch on -CURRENT:
> > http://people.freebsd.org/~jkim/acpica-import-20071114.diff.gz
> > I believe it should apply for RELENG_7 as well. FYI, ACPI-CA
> > changes from the -CURRENT is here:
> > http://people.freebsd.org/~jkim/acpica-changes-20070320-20071114.
> OK; working from a just-built-this-morning HEAD, I fetched the
> patch & applied it with no problems. Building was also uneventful.
> Booting was OK, up to the point where I tried to use one of my
> scripts that uses getopt(1); at that point -- where I had been
> successful with the unpatched HEAD -- I got:
> /libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Undefined symbol "__mb_sb_limit" referenced
> from COPY relocation in getopt Usage: /usr/local/sbin/mk_table [-d]
> [-f] [-s] [-t] [-v] [-T table#] directory|files... set_ip RC was
> 512 for command "/bin/sh /etc/rc.firewall-post-dhcp -i
> 220.127.116.11 -m 255.255.255.192 -g 18.104.22.168 -b
> 22.214.171.124 -n 126.96.36.199"
> (The script that uses getopt(1) is /usr/local/sbin/mk_table, which
> I use to populate an IPFW table; I've attached a copy for
> reference. In turn, the script was being invoked from a Perl script
> I was using to set a NIC's IP address on a network that doesn't
> seem to have a DHCP server. Neither script is very exciting.)
> Oh: this is an i386:
> localhost(8.0-C) uname -a
> FreeBSD localhost 8.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 8.0-CURRENT #594: Fri Nov 16
> 12:16:52 PST 2007
> root@localhost:/common/S4/obj/usr/src/sys/CANARY i386
> I'm quite willing to test patches; I keep a private copy of the
> FreeBSD CVS repository on this laptop to facilitate such things.
> (And recovering from them....)
'Undefined symbol "__mb_sb_limit" is totally unrelated to ACPI, i.e.,
it is caused by recent API breakage. I think 'make buildworld; make
installworld' should fix it. Anyway, thanks for testing!