On Fri, Nov 16, 2007 at 01:38:52PM -0500, Jung-uk Kim wrote:
> Please test the following patch on -CURRENT:
> I believe it should apply for RELENG_7 as well. FYI, ACPI-CA changes
> from the -CURRENT is here:
OK; working from a just-built-this-morning HEAD, I fetched the patch &
applied it with no problems. Building was also uneventful. :-}
Booting was OK, up to the point where I tried to use one of my scripts
that uses getopt(1); at that point -- where I had been successful with
the unpatched HEAD -- I got:
/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Undefined symbol "__mb_sb_limit" referenced from COPY relocation in getopt
Usage: /usr/local/sbin/mk_table [-d] [-f] [-s] [-t] [-v] [-T table#] directory|files...
set_ip RC was 512 for command "/bin/sh /etc/rc.firewall-post-dhcp -i 18.104.22.168 -m 255.255.255.192 -g 22.214.171.124 -b 126.96.36.199 -n 188.8.131.52"
(The script that uses getopt(1) is /usr/local/sbin/mk_table, which
I use to populate an IPFW table; I've attached a copy for reference.
In turn, the script was being invoked from a Perl script I was
using to set a NIC's IP address on a network that doesn't seem to
have a DHCP server. Neither script is very exciting.)
Oh: this is an i386:
localhost(8.0-C) uname -a
FreeBSD localhost 8.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 8.0-CURRENT #594: Fri Nov 16 12:16:52 PST 2007 root@localhost:/common/S4/obj/usr/src/sys/CANARY i386
I'm quite willing to test patches; I keep a private copy of the
FreeBSD CVS repository on this laptop to facilitate such things.
(And recovering from them....)
David H. Wolfskill email@example.com
Proprietary data formats obfuscate, rather than disseminate, information.
See http://www.catwhisker.org/~david/publickey.gpg for my public key.