I tried to install 6.0-BETA3 on this system:
- ASUS P5GD1 motherboard (ICH-6R controller).
- Pentium 4 processor, 3 GHz, 800 MHz FSB.
- Two 200 GB SATA drives in RAID mode.
- 1 GB RAM.
The standard install process went fine except for two things:
- Onboard LAN (Win627EHF I/O chip) undetected.
- When I try to extract distributions to disk, I get the following messages:
Write failure on transfer! (wrote XXXXXX of YYYYYYY bytes)
The same happens if I try ar0 (RAID device) or ad8 (single disk device).
I did not have this problem installing 5.4-RELEASE, except that ar0
(RAID) was not detected, and once I installed the distributions and
finished the install, 5.4 refused to boot even in non-RAID mode (because
of a GEOM problem, most likely).
Found the same problem with the 6.0-snapshot CD of july 2005.