On Apr 22, 2007, at 10:14 AM, Ivan Voras wrote:
>> I've thought about that too, but again it's not a priority. It takes
>> me long enough as it is to adopt the new world order that other
>> features have to wait :-)
> Ok. Are you interested in finishing the remaining bits for GPT soon-
> ish? :)
I'm actually working on it now. I want the tool to be finished
before 7.0. The problems are in the details (as usual).
These are my requirements (FWIW):
1. It needs to have a friendly UI -> I'm using a curses based interface.
2. It needs to be used in scripts -> It needs a similar usage model as
3. It needs to replace gpt(8) -> see point 2.
3. It needs to be able to work on files -> construct a md device on the
4. It should be usable by non-root (read-only operation and working on
files owned by user as per point 3) -> suid
Points 2 and 3 are important for our release process.