Hi. I tried this as well, hw.pci_allow_unsupported_io_range = "1" and it
helped! If you missed the thread 4.7 > 5.0 Pccard problems, I will
summarize it briefly. My IBM 56k pccard modem worked perfectly in 4.7,
but I could no longer get it working after upgrading to 5.0 DP1. I tried
enabling a few debug options mentioned on the list, as well as some
other suggestions but it did not help. Reverting to OLDCARD also did not
So now I'm currently on FreeBSD 5.0-current, and I added this option to
my loader.conf. I now get card insertion/removal notices! Finally! :) .
It says "pccard0: CIS info: IBM, 56K PC Card Modem" buried deep in dmesg.
But, when I try pccardc power 0 0, or 0 1, I get: /dev/card0: No such
file or directory.
pccardc dumpcis says "0 slots found".
If anyone could provide any info as to what my next steps would be, I
would be very grateful.
I thought the entire dmesg might be too long, and didn't want to get
flamed, so its available through this link:
Thank you again to everybody on the list for all of your help (and patience)
To Unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo@FreeBSD.org
with "unsubscribe freebsd-mobile" in the body of the message