The problem that I am having is:
1. I finaly got freebsd 2.1.6 up and running. Had an inital problem with
it recgonising my smc8216c nic card, but it does now and I have
2. I had copied the dist directory to an msdos partian which I used to do
the installation. Worked fine.
3. When trying to install the selected packages, it says that it can not
find them from the same ms-dos partian. The files are there but freebsd
can seem to find them.
4. So I said to myself I got internet conectivity so I'll try doing the
package installs thru ftp. After freebsd logs in to ftp.freebsd.org it
says that it can not find the realease-2-1-6 directory. This is using the
update menu from /stand/sysinstall.
5. Anyone have any ideas what I am doing wrong?
6. Can I just extract the application from it gzip format, copy it into a
temporary directory in a freebsd partian an run make install?
7. Is there a menuing system for system administration ou there anywhere?
Thanks for helping me! Thank God for mail lists!
Col. Frank A. Herda, C.M.H.