MavEtJu's Distorted View of the World
July 2009 was a strange month
Posted on 2009-07-31 06:00:00
July 2009 has been an expensive month. We had lots of (unexplained)
items broken or malfunctioning. Here is a subset of them:
- Naomis mobile phone got lost at a shopping center. And returned
two days later.
- Naomis mobile phone fell into the toilet. It's now only giving
the startup logo and then goes black.
- My mobile phone is showing a little digit two at the top right
and isn't able to make outgoing calls anymore. Incoming calls and
SMS still work!
- My wireless access-point has broken down, no output on the
serial port anymore.
- My debit-card got blocked and I didn't notice it until a Friday
evening after the banks had closed so I didn't have money until
- Naomis credit-card got blocked because one of the payments got
compromised and she was issued a new one. The bank couldn't tell
us where it happened so we do have no idea who to avoid :-)
- The car got a nice scar from the frontdoor to the petrol-tank,
a similar one you get when you open a tin with a mall-functioning
- My Sony VAIO laptop is behaving strangely with random hangs in
X. First I thought it the upgrade to FreeBSD 7-STABLE went wrong,
but after further upgrades to 8-BETA2 they show up. It seems to be
related to X which kind of indicates a problem with the video-card.
- And this morning the powerlight on my ADSL modem went from
bright green to a dimly lit green and the ethernet light hasn't
come up anymore neither.
The good news: We are all still healthy!
| Share on Facebook
| Share on Twitter
No comments yet
Leave a comment
Back to the main page