FreeBSD Multimedia Resources List
Links on this page refer to multimedia resources (podcast, vodcast, audio recordings, video recordings, photos) related to FreeBSD or of interest for FreeBSD users.
If you know any resources not listed here, or notice any dead links, please send details to Edwin Groothuis so that it can be included or updated.
Why I like the CLI:
- Uses minimal resources. Less space, less memory, fewer dependencies.
- Transparency. GUI hides internals, limits options.
- Similar between Unix-like systems. GUI tools seem to change every week.
- Remote management. SSH rocks.
- Everything is text. Configs, devices, output. CLI is natural complement.
- Pipes and scripts. One time is hard, a thousand times is easy.
- Only need a few tools. Grep, sed, awk, vi, cron.
- Text config files. Easy to version, share, and comment.
- Requires reading skills instead of clicking skills.
- Much faster when you know what you are doing.