FreeBSD Multimedia Resources List
Links on this page refer to multimedia resources (podcast, vodcast, audio recordings, video recordings, photos) related to FreeBSD or of interest for FreeBSD users.
If you know any resources not listed here, or notice any dead links, please send details to Edwin Groothuis so that it can be included or updated.
Tag: will backman
Why I like the CLI:
- Uses minimal resources. Less space, less memory, fewer dependencies.
- Transparency. GUI hides internals, limits options.
- Similar between Unix-like systems. GUI tools seem to change every week.
- Remote management. SSH rocks.
- Everything is text. Configs, devices, output. CLI is natural complement.
- Pipes and scripts. One time is hard, a thousand times is easy.
- Only need a few tools. Grep, sed, awk, vi, cron.
- Text config files. Easy to version, share, and comment.
- Requires reading skills instead of clicking skills.
- Much faster when you know what you are doing.
The Linux Link Tech Show Episode 179 (31 Mb, 120 minutes)
Source: The Linux Tink Tech Show
Added: 17 February 2007
Tags: linux link tech show, talk, will backman
Special Guests Will Backman and Scott Ruecker. Will's talks about his podcast bsdtalk and about Linux and BSD in general. We are joined by Troels also. Dann on Devede and hopes for MythTV. Scott Ruecker talks about Scale and general linux and lxer stuff.
Interview with Will Backman
Source: linuxreality - a podcast for the new linux user
Added: 20 August 2007
Tags: linux reality, bsdtalk, interview, will backman
MP3 file (21 Mb, 48 minutes)
In this episode: an interview with the host of the BSDTalk Podcast, Will Backman, in which we talk about the history of the BSD's, including FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD, DragonflyBSD, PC-BSD, and DesktopBSD, and discuss some of the goals and features of these projects.